Easier Fried Chicken
Baking the chicken after a quick fry will keep the outside crisp and the inside moist
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon(s) table salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) paprika
- pinch cayenne
- dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 1/2 pound(s) chicken (variety will work)
- 1 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) table salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1 3/4 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1. Add the first 7 ingredients into a round or rectangluar glass container and whisk the mixture until the salt has all but dissolved in the liquid.
- 2. Add the chicken meat to the liquid and coat each piece evenly.
- 3. Cover the chicken in the liquid and brine for AT LEAST 1 hour up to 12 hours.
- 4. After brining stage complete mix next 6 dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk until completely mixed.
- 5. Add 1/4 cup buttermilk to the dry mixture and mix with hands.
- 6. Heat the vegetable oil to 375 before begin frying.
- 7. While oil heats coat the wet chicken into flour mixture.
- 8. Add all chicken to heated pan and let cook for 5 minutes.
- 9. Flip chicken and cook another 3 minutes.
- 10. Transfer chicken to a wire rack and finish cooking in 400 degree oven for 15 - 20 minutes.
- 11. Take chicken out of oven and rest on paper towels for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Styln05 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note