Easier Fried Chicken
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon(s) table salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) paprika
- pinch cayenne
- dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 1/2 pound(s) chicken (variety will work)
- 1 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) table salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1 3/4 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1. Add the first 7 ingredients into a round or rectangluar glass container and whisk the mixture until the salt has all but dissolved in the liquid.
- 2. Add the chicken meat to the liquid and coat each piece evenly.
- 3. Cover the chicken in the liquid and brine for AT LEAST 1 hour up to 12 hours.
- 4. After brining stage complete mix next 6 dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk until completely mixed.
- 5. Add 1/4 cup buttermilk to the dry mixture and mix with hands.
- 6. Heat the vegetable oil to 375 before begin frying.
- 7. While oil heats coat the wet chicken into flour mixture.
- 8. Add all chicken to heated pan and let cook for 5 minutes.
- 9. Flip chicken and cook another 3 minutes.
- 10. Transfer chicken to a wire rack and finish cooking in 400 degree oven for 15 - 20 minutes.
- 11. Take chicken out of oven and rest on paper towels for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Styln05 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes