This recipe got its name change as it was being served just as a 5+ earthquake hit our Northern California home in the early 80's. It's a great, filing Asian style casserole.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 1 can(s) Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can(s) white rice
- 1/2 can(s) Soy Sauce
- 1 can(s) Water
- 1 package(s) Crispy Chow Mein Noodles
- 4 Celery Stalks
- 1 Medium White Onion
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Heat 2 Tbl Spoons of olive oil in large deep skillet.
- Chop celery and onion and sauté 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned
- Mix soup, soy sauce, water in mixing bowl with whisk until soup is smooth
- Add mixture to beef and stir until well combined
- Stir in rice to mixture
- Pour mixture into 2-3 Qrt Casserole dish and cover
- Place in oven for 35 minutes
- Remove lid and cover casserole with Chow Mein noodles and place back in oven for additional 15 minutes
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Spitfire6774 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note