E-Z Chicken & Dumplings
Wait Before Serving: 30 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 package(s) 24 oz. flat dumpling strips (such as Anne's)
- 3-5 tablespoon(s) chicken base (such as Anne's)
- 1 can(s) cooked chicken (13-15 oz)
- 4 quart(s) water
- Bring to a boil in a large 6 qt stock pot, 4 quarts salted water. Add the chicken base. Remove the frozen dumplings from freezer while water is heating. Separate each layer of dumplings as needed and drop 8-10 in boiling broth stirring under as added. As broth comes back to a boil, add more dumplings stirring after each addition until all are in boiling broth. Cook at a full boil about 10-12 minutes or until desired tenderness is achieved Add cooked chicken and boil 2 more minutes. Check to see if more salt is needed and add pepper as desired. Remove from heat, cover and wait 20-30 minutes before serving.
- For old fashioned chicken and dumplings, cook a whole chicken until tender and use the broth to cook dumplings making sure you add enough water to have at least 4 quarts of liquid to cook a box of dumplings. To enhance the flavor add some Anne’s Chicken Base. Remove meat from bones and add to cooked dumplings. Follow rest of recipe above.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CookinWithAnne and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note