Grampie loves these - aka special K bars. This recipe is perfect - thanks!
Dylan Bars [2011-04-03 15:48:59.881]
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 11/2 cups corn syrup
- 11/2 cups peanut butter
- 6 cups Special K crisp rice cereal (NOT Rice Krispies!!)
- 12 oz. pkg. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- In large microwave safe bowl, combine sugars and corn syrup and mix well. Microwave on high for 2 minutes; meanwhile, rinse the spoon off with very hot water.
- Remove bowl from microwave and stir mixture, scraping down sides of bowl. Return to microwave and microwave on high for another 2 minutes, or until mixture begins to bubble and boil. Again, rinse that spoon!
- Remove from microwave and add 11/2 cups peanut butter. Stir until mixture is smooth and combined. Add cereal and stir to coat. Pour and press into greased 13x9" pan, using back of greased spoon to press evenly.
- Combine chocolate chips and 1/3 cup peanut butter in small microwave safe bowl. Heat on medium power for 2 minutes; remove and stir. Return to microwave for another 30 seconds if necessary to melt chips. Stir until smooth, then spread over cereal mixture. Let cool completely, then cut into bars. Store, covered, at room temperature. Makes 36
- You can also make this on the stovetop; combine ingredients as recipe specifies, except cook over medium heat in heavy saucepan until mixture starts to bubble and sugar is dissolved. Continue as recipe directs.
- I used the stovetop method.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RebekahRose and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Dylan Bars [2011-04-03 15:48:59.881] Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies