Dutch Oven Chicken and Rice
Yield: 5 servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 428
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 30.7g
- Carbohydrate: 60.8g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 837mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 2 1/2 pounds assorted chicken pieces, skinned
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1 (16-ounce) can no-salt-added chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can pasta-style chunky tomatoes, undrained
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups frozen English peas
- Sprinkle chicken with paprika, pepper, and salt. Coat an oven-proof Dutch oven with cooking spray. Add oil, and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken to Dutch oven; cook on all sides until browned. Remove chicken from Dutch oven, and set aside.
- Add rice and garlic to Dutch oven. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add broth, tomatoes, and green pepper. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat, stirring once. Return chicken to Dutch oven.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Stir in peas; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
Note: If your Dutch oven doesn't have ovenproof handles, wrap the handles in heavy-duty aluminum foil and place the dutch oven on a lower rack in the oven.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes