- 2 1/2 pounds assorted chicken pieces, skinned
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1 (16-ounce) can no-salt-added chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can pasta-style chunky tomatoes, undrained
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups frozen English peas
- calories 428
- caloriesfromfat 12 %
- fat 5.5 g
- satfat 1.3 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 30.7 g
- carbohydrate 60.8 g
- fiber 4.5 g
- cholesterol 76 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 837 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Sprinkle chicken with paprika, pepper, and salt. Coat an oven-proof Dutch oven with cooking spray. Add oil, and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken to Dutch oven; cook on all sides until browned. Remove chicken from Dutch oven, and set aside.
Add rice and garlic to Dutch oven. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add broth, tomatoes, and green pepper. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat, stirring once. Return chicken to Dutch oven.
Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Stir in peas; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
If your Dutch oven doesn't have ovenproof handles, wrap the handles in heavy-duty aluminum foil and place the dutch oven on a lower rack in the oven.