- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- calories 373
- fat 25 g
- satfat 14 g
- protein 8 g
- carbohydrate 32 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 216 mg
- sodium 213 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°F. In a blender, process half-and-half, eggs, vanilla and 2 Tbsp. butter until smooth. Blend in flour, salt and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon.
In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, mix remaining butter and cinnamon with brown sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring. Stir in apples, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring often, until apples are tender and liquid has thickened, about 7 minutes.
Pour batter from blender over apple mixture; sprinkle with nuts, if desired. Bake until set and top is golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.