Dutch Apple Pie
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups cold water
- 3 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats and butter; set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate; set aside.
- For filling, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water in a large saucepan until smooth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in apples and vanilla.
- Pour into crust; top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
- Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 488 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 79 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Dutch Apple Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pies/Pastries