Dutch Apple Pancake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) Flour
- 0 1/2 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1 pinch(s) salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 apples (granny smith)
- 1/4 cup(s) Lemon juice
- caster sugar
- cinnamon sugar
- butterscotch sauce
- Peel and core the apples and slice them thinly. Turn them in lemon juice so they retain their color.
- Combine the flour with the baking powder, cinnamon powder and salt, and add enough cold water to make a thick batter. Stir in the eggs.
- Heat a little butter in a non-stick pan and spoon in the batter.
- Immediately arrange the apple slices like tiles on top of the pancake. Sprinkle with sugar and cook until the pancake is brown.
- Using a dinner plate or pot lid, carefully turn the pancake over so that the apples cook and the sugar caramelizes.
- Turn once again, and serve hot with butterscotch sauce drizzles on top.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JanatK and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note