Dutch Apple Pancake
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) Flour
- 0 1/2 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1 pinch(s) salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 apples (granny smith)
- 1/4 cup(s) Lemon juice
- caster sugar
- cinnamon sugar
- butterscotch sauce
- Peel and core the apples and slice them thinly. Turn them in lemon juice so they retain their color.
- Combine the flour with the baking powder, cinnamon powder and salt, and add enough cold water to make a thick batter. Stir in the eggs.
- Heat a little butter in a non-stick pan and spoon in the batter.
- Immediately arrange the apple slices like tiles on top of the pancake. Sprinkle with sugar and cook until the pancake is brown.
- Using a dinner plate or pot lid, carefully turn the pancake over so that the apples cook and the sugar caramelizes.
- Turn once again, and serve hot with butterscotch sauce drizzles on top.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JanatK and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes