- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups arborio or medium-grain white rice
- 1 3/4 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 pound shelled cooked Dungeness crab
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage leaves
- calories 489
- caloriesfromfat 16 %
- protein 31 g
- fat 8.4 g
- satfat 3.9 g
- carbohydrate 70 g
- fiber 6.3 g
- sodium 491 mg
- cholesterol 101 mg
How to Make It
In a 6-quart pressure cooker over high heat, frequently stir butter, onions, and garlic until onions are limp, about 3 minutes. Add rice and stir often until it is opaque, about 3 minutes longer. Add broth, wine, and 2 cups water. Stir occasionally until mixture boils, about 4 minutes.
Seal cooker. Following manufacturer's instructions, bring to maximum pressure (15 lb.); adjust heat to stabilize cooking rate. Cook 6 minutes. Release pressure quickly, running cold water over pan.
Open pan. Stir in crab, parmesan cheese, and sage. Add salt to taste.