- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 leek, cleaned and minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh Dungeness or Blue Crab meat, picked
- Braised Apples
- Meyer Lemon Crème Fraîche
How to Make It
Combine flour and 1 teaspoon kosher salt in a food processor; pulse to combine. Pulse in butter. Slowly drizzle in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing until a smooth ball of dough forms. Refrigerate dough 30 minutes. Roll dough into a 13-inch circle. Place in a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate; crimp edges of dough. Chill crust 30 minutes.
Line crust with parchment, and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Remove parchment and pie weights, and bake 10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Let cool.
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add leek, and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until softened. Add wine, and cook 3 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates.
Transfer leek mixture to a large bowl. Add cream, next 3 ingredients, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt; whisk until smooth. Stir in crabmeat. Transfer mixture to crust, and bake at 375° for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is browned and center is almost set. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with Braised Apples and Meyer Lemon Crème Fraîche.