Dungeness Crab-Asparagus Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 3/4 pound fresh Dungeness or jumbo lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus. Cook asparagus in boiling water to cover 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- Combine orange rind and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Drizzle about half of dressing over asparagus, and toss well. Arrange asparagus in center of each of 4 plates.
- Add crabmeat and green onion to remaining dressing, and toss well. Spoon crabmeat mixture evenly on top of asparagus.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads