- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 3/4 pound fresh Dungeness or jumbo lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
How to Make It
Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus. Cook asparagus in boiling water to cover 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
Combine orange rind and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Drizzle about half of dressing over asparagus, and toss well. Arrange asparagus in center of each of 4 plates.
Add crabmeat and green onion to remaining dressing, and toss well. Spoon crabmeat mixture evenly on top of asparagus.