dominicancooking.comhttp://www.dominicancooking.com/899-dulce-frio-cold-dessert.html There are few desserts in our collection that combine sophistication, easy preparation and deliciousness like this one. You can prepare it with the rum if you plan to serve it to adults, skip it if there will be children at your table. For this you will need Dominican tostadas, very similar to lady fingers but not covered in sugar. If you find it impossible to find tostadas just user lady fingers
Yield: 4 servings
Community Recipe from
- 20 Lady Fingers
- 1/2 cup(s) Rum
- 1 cup(s) sweetend condensed milk
- 2 cup(s) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 tablespoon(s) corn starch
- 1 cup(s) fresh or canned fruit sliced
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1.Mix condensed and evaporated milk. Add yolks, corn starch and vanilla. Mix well. Sieve to eliminate undissolved parts. Boil in bain marie stirring constantly until it starts to thicken. Remove from the fire and keep stirring until it cools down to room temperature.
- 2.Pour the rum into a dish. Briefly dip the ladyfingers into the rum. Arrange half the lady fingers in a deep-bottomed serving pan.Cover with half the milk cream. Arrange the other half of the ladyfingers followed by the remaining cream. Chill.
- 3.Before serving prepare a meringue by beating the egg whites until it starts rising. Add sugar and continue beating until it forms peaks. Cover the ladyfingers with the meringue and top with the fruit.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SRodrig185 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note