Dulce de Leche Gingersnap Sandwich Cookies
Photo: Leigh Beisch; Styling: Dan Becker
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 145
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Protein: 2.1g
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sodium: 100mg
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsulphured molasses
- 1 large egg
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- About 3 cups dulce de leche
- 1. Beat butter and brown sugar together in a bowl with a mixer on medium speed. Mix in molasses, then egg, until blended, scraping bowl as needed.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and spices; add to butter mixture on low speed, mixing until combined.
- 3. Divide dough in half, shape each into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill until firm, about 3 hours.
- 4. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap dough. On a generously floured surface, roll out each disk until 1/8 in. thick. Using round 2 1/2- to 3-in. cookie cutters, cut out dough and arrange circles about 1 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets (use a small spatula to transfer). Reroll scraps as needed.
- 5. Bake cookies until dry-looking and just starting to brown on edges, about 8 minutes. Set pans on racks and let cookies cool on pans.
- 6. Spread 1 scant tbsp. dulce de leche on the flat side of 1 cookie and sandwich with another cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Make ahead: Chill dough (step 3) up to 1 week. Store baked cookies airtight up to 3 days.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts