A great choice for entertaining, Duchess Potatoes are cooked potatoes that are blended with egg yolks, butter and cream, piped into a decorative shape and baked. Serve with beef tenderloin or a pork roast for an impressive meal.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 286
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 92mg
- Sodium: 164mg
- 3 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, warmed
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 large egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and add 2 tsp. salt. Boil potatoes until tender when pierced with a knife, about 20 to 25 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl and mash with a masher or potato ricer until smooth and free of lumps. Add cream, butter, egg yolks, 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Mix well.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Spoon potato mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe decorative swirled mounds about 2 inches in diameter and about 2 inches apart. Bake until tops are lightly browned, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note