I fried the tofu first and used Braggs instead of soy sauce. The tofu came out stiff as a board and really, really salty. It was inedible.
Dubu Jorim (Korean Braised Tofu)
Community Recipe from
- 1 package(s) firm tofu cut into squares
- 1/2 cup(s) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) gochuharu (red pepper flakes)
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) sesame seeds
- 2 piece(s) garlic cloves minced
- 2 piece(s) scallions thinly sliced
- 1.For frying: cut the tofu block into 1/2-inch thick square pieces (see pics above). Pat dry with a paper towel and try to remove excess water. For boiling or steaming: keep tofu block in tact until cooked. Simply boil or steam for about 5~7 minutes and then cut into 1/2-inch thick square pieces.
- 2.Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large non-stick skillet, carefully add the tofu pieces and sear over medium heat until golden brown, 5 minutes each side.
- 3.Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by mixing remaining ingredients together in a large pot that will fit tofu pieces. Add the fried tofu pieces and braise them for about 10~15 minutes on high heat or until most of the sauce has evaporated. Flip tofu pieces halfway to coat halfway during the braise.
- 4.Plate tofu pieces and garnish with scallion strips and sesame seeds. If boiling or steaming the tofu, pour sauce mixture over cooked tofu pieces and then garnish. Enjoy.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by oliviajasonkim and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes