Made this to use with CL's Grilled Pork with Mango and Rum Sauce (Aug. 2013). Great mix, gave the pork great flavor. Plan to try same recipe with chicken later this week. Hubby thought spice mix could use a little more heat, but kids were very happy with the flavor. Might try upping the amount of red flakes a bit to make hubby happy without making the kids miserable. One of the other jerk rubs I read used brown sugar instead of white; may try subbing that the next time I mix up a batch.
Dry Jerk Seasoning
Community Recipe from
- 1 tablespoon(s) onion flakes
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon(s) allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 tablespoon(s) gralic powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon(s) suger
- 1 Mix together all the ingredients.
- 2 Store leftovers in a tightly closed glass jar.
- 3 It will keep its strength for over a month.
- 4 1- 1 1/2 tablespoon of seasoning for each pound of meat
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kitchenwitchCO and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Dry Jerk Seasoning Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments