- 6 medium-size fresh tomatillos, husks removed
- 3 pasilla chiles, stemmed, seeded, and chopped*
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup flat beer
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red or rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon (1 ounce) finely crumbled feta cheese**
How to Make It
Combine tomatillos, chiles, and water to cover in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and cook, covered, 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Drain. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Pulse tomatillo mixture, garlic, and next 5 ingredients 3 or 4 times in a blender until chopped. Stir in cheese.
*1 large dried ancho chile may be substituted.
**Cotija cheese may be substituted for feta. Look for it in Latin markets.