I use chicken legs, and add cut up carrots,mushrooms, and onions. This makes a good dinner with a green salad, and crusty bread. Your leftovers are a yummy lunch!
Drunken Rosemary Chicken with Basmati Rice
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 242
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Protein: 26g
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sodium: 113mg
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- 8 chicken thighs (2 3/4 to 3 lb. total)
- Salt and fresh-ground pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon coarsely chopped fresh rosemary leaves or dried rosemary
- 1 cup Chardonnay or other dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups precooked dried white rice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (including tops)
- Rosemary sprigs, rinsed
- 1. Rinse thighs and pat dry. Pull off and discard skin; trim off and discard lumps of fat. Sprinkle thighs lightly with salt and pepper.
- 2. Place thighs in a 4 1/2-quart or larger electric slow-cooker. Sprinkle with garlic and chopped rosemary; pour wine and broth over chicken.
- 3. Cover and cook until meat pulls easily from the bone, about 5 hours on low, 3 hours on high.
- 4. Skim and discard fat from juices. Add rice and mix to moisten evenly. Turn cooker to high; cover and cook, stirring several times, until rice is just tender to bite, about 5 minutes. Spoon chicken and rice onto a platter. Sprinkle with onions and garnish with rosemary sprigs. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note