I use chicken legs, and add cut up carrots,mushrooms, and onions. This makes a good dinner with a green salad, and crusty bread. Your leftovers are a yummy lunch!
Drunken Rosemary Chicken with Basmati Rice
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 242
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Protein: 26g
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sodium: 113mg
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- 8 chicken thighs (2 3/4 to 3 lb. total)
- Salt and fresh-ground pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon coarsely chopped fresh rosemary leaves or dried rosemary
- 1 cup Chardonnay or other dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups precooked dried white rice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (including tops)
- Rosemary sprigs, rinsed
- 1. Rinse thighs and pat dry. Pull off and discard skin; trim off and discard lumps of fat. Sprinkle thighs lightly with salt and pepper.
- 2. Place thighs in a 4 1/2-quart or larger electric slow-cooker. Sprinkle with garlic and chopped rosemary; pour wine and broth over chicken.
- 3. Cover and cook until meat pulls easily from the bone, about 5 hours on low, 3 hours on high.
- 4. Skim and discard fat from juices. Add rice and mix to moisten evenly. Turn cooker to high; cover and cook, stirring several times, until rice is just tender to bite, about 5 minutes. Spoon chicken and rice onto a platter. Sprinkle with onions and garnish with rosemary sprigs. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes