Drop Tea Cakes
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Sifted powdered sugar
- Combine butter and oil in a large mixing bowl; gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating well. Add eggs, beating well. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, and cream of tartar in a large mixing bowl; add to creamed mixture, stirring well.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 325° for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets, and cool on wire racks. Roll in powdered sugar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note