Quick, easy recipe. I also added about 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Stir together milk and vinegar; set aside.
- Stir together butter and 1/2 cup sugar in a large bowl.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; stir into butter mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture, until dry ingredients are moistened. Drop by rounded 2 tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet; sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake at 450° for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This