My daughter made this for Thanksgiving; it went well with the dressing I made that also included dried cherries, but I think they were kind of lost in the tartness of the cranberries, and it seems the other cranberry sauce had more takers...she got to take this version home.
Dried Cherry-Cranberry Sauce
Yield: Serves 14 (serving size: 1/4 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Total: 25 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 137
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Sodium: 3mg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup port wine
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup cherry juice
- 1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté for 4 minutes. Add sugar and the next 4 ingredients (through cranberries); bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 8 minutes or until cranberries pop. Remove from heat, and stir in orange rind.
- 2. Combine dried cherries and cherry juice in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Drain. Add drained cherries to cranberry sauce. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments