Dried Cherry-and-Pear Fried Pies
Yield: Makes 1 1/2 dozen
- 3 large pears, peeled and chopped
- 2 (3-ounce) packages dried cherries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- Vegetable oil
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat 5 minutes. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until pears are tender. Chill 1 hour. Drain pear mixture, discarding liquid.
- Roll piecrusts into 12-inch circles; cut each into 9 (4-inch) circles.
- Spoon 1 rounded tablespoonful pear mixture onto half of each pastry circle. Moisten edges with water; fold dough over fruit mixture, pressing edges to seal. Crimp with a fork dipped in flour.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1/2 inch into a large heavy skillet; heat to 350°. Fry pies, in batches, 2 minutes on each side.
- NOTE: Pies may be baked on lightly greased baking sheets at 425º for 12 minutes. Piecrusts may also be cut into 5 (7-inch) circles to make larger pies. Spoon filling evenly onto circles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts