Dried Apricot Hand Pies
- 2 (6-ounce) packages dried apricots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup almond liqueur*
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes.
- Process apricot mixture, 1 cup sugar, butter, and vanilla extract in a food processor 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Cool.
- Roll 1 piecrust to press out fold lines. Cut 6 (4-inch) circles from pastry, rerolling as necessary. Brush edges of circles with water. Spoon about 2 tablespoons apricot mixture in center of each circle. Fold circles in half, pressing edges to seal. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining piecrust and filling. Stir together egg and water; brush over pies. Sprinkle evenly with 3 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until golden.
- *1/4 cup water and 1/4 teaspoon almond extract may be substituted for almond liqueur.
- Note: Pies may be baked ahead and frozen.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note