Dried Apricot-Chipotle Mayonnaise
Don't shortcut the soak time for the apricots. The tart lime juice balances the concentrated sweetness of this dried fruit.
This recipe goes with Pecan-Crusted Pork Burgers With Dried Apricot-Chipotle Mayonnaise
More From Southern Living
Stand: 15 Minutes
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 canned chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from can
- 1. Stir together dried apricots, hot water, and lime juice in a small bowl. Let stand 15 minutes; drain. Pat apricots dry, and coarsely chop.
- 2. Stir together mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients; reserve 2 Tbsp. mixture for Pecan-Crusted Pork Burgers. Stir apricots into remaining mayonnaise mixture. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note