Dried Apple Cake
- 3 cups dried apples
- 1 1/2 cups molasses
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups peach preserves
- 1 1/2 cups pear preserves
- Soak dried apples in water to cover overnight. Drain well. Combine apples and molasses; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, 20 minutes or until apples absorb molasses. Set aside.
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Set aside.
- Dissolve soda in buttermilk, stirring well; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder, and spices; add to creamed mixture alternately with butter milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix well after each addition. Stir in apple mixture, vanilla, raisins, and pecans.
- Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 9 - inch round cake pans. Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove layers from pans; cool completely.
- Combine peach and pear preserves, stirring well; spread between layers and on top of cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings