Serve these herby croutons with cranberry sauce or Ranch dressing as an appetizer or snack.
Yield: 10 cups
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 5 cups crumbled cornbread
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (8-ounce) package herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add celery and onions; cook 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Combine onion mixture, cornbread, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; mix well. Spread cornbread mixture into a lightly greased jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 33 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack 30 minutes. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or until chilled.
- Loosen edges of cornbread dressing with a sharp knife. Turn out onto a large cutting board. Cut into 3/4" cubes. Place in a single layer on greased large baking sheets. Bake at 450º for 35 to 40 minutes, turning occasionally, or until well browned and crisp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note