- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, removed from casings
- 2 8.5-oz. boxes corn muffin mix, prepared according to package instructions for cornbread
- 1/4 cup finely chopped olives
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- calories 324
- fat 19 g
- satfat 5 g
- cholesterol 132 mg
- fiber 2 g
- protein 13 g
- carbohydrate 26 g
- sodium 998 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°F. Mist a 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring and breaking up large chunks with a wooden spoon, until no traces of pink remain, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
Crumble cornbread into bowl with sausage and toss well. Mix in chives, lemon zest, pecans, eggs, salt and pepper. Stir in broth. Firmly press mixture into loaf pan and bake until brown around the edges and firm on top, about 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes in pan on wire rack. Turn out onto serving platter, slice and serve.