Dressed-Up Refried Beans
Serve this easy bean dish with your favorite Mexican entrees. Use full-fat beans and cheese, if desired.
More From Southern Living
- 2 (16-oz.) cans fat-free refried beans
- 6 (3/4-inch) reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese cubes
- 6 pickled whole jalapeño peppers
- 1. Spoon refried beans evenly into 6 (6-oz.) lightly greased ramekins or custard cups. Top each with 1 cheese cube, pressing gently into center of beans. Top beans with 1 jalapeño pepper. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and beans are heated.
- Note: If you prefer, spread beans into a lightly greased 8- x 8-inch baking dish. Top with cheese cubes and jalapeño peppers, pressing gently into beans. Bake as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note