Dressed-Up Chopped Caesar Salad
These flavorful croutons are made in the microwave.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
Other Time: 5 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 pumpernickel bread slices, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Salt and pepper
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey breast
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 ounces Asiago cheese, cut into small cubes
- 4 thick bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup bottled creamy Caesar dressing
- 1. Microwave butter in a microwave-safe pie plate at HIGH 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in garlic, and microwave 45 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in bread cubes and desired amounts of salt and pepper. Microwave 4 minutes or until crisp, stirring at 1-minute intervals. Let cool 5 minutes.
- 2. Toss together romaine lettuce and next 5 ingredients. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently. Sprinkle with croutons.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads