Dressed Oyster Po'boys
- 1 1/4 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 2 (12-ounce) containers fresh select oysters, drained
- Peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 (10-ounce) package finely shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 French bread rolls, split and toasted
- Combine cornmeal and Creole seasoning; dredge oysters in mixture.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 375°. Fry oysters, in 3 batches, 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Drain on wire racks.
- Stir together 1/2 cup mayonnaise, vinegar, and mustard. Stir in cabbage; set slaw aside.
- Stir together remaining 1/2 cup mayonnaise, ketchup, and next 3 ingredients.
- Spread cut sides of rolls with mayonnaise mixture. Place oysters and slaw evenly on bottom halves of rolls; cover with roll tops.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note