Dressed Mini Oyster Po'boys
To make these mini oyster po'boy sandwiches, serve the Creole fried oysters on French bread rolls and top with coleslaw. To save time, purchase premade coleslaw.
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/4 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 2 (8-ounce) containers fresh Select oysters, drained
- Peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 (10-ounce) package shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 12 French bread rolls, split and toasted
- Garnish: lemon wedges
- Combine cornmeal and 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning. Dredge oysters in cornmeal mixture.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1 inch into a Dutch oven; heat to 375°.
- Fry oysters, in 3 batches, 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Drain oysters on paper towels.
- Stir together 1/2 cup mayonnaise, vinegar, and mustard. Stir in cabbage; set slaw aside.
- Stir together remaining 1/2 cup mayonnaise, ketchup, and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Spread cut sides of French bread rolls with ketchup mixture; place oysters and slaw evenly on bottom halves of each roll. Cover with tops. Serve po'boys immediately. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note