- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (16-ounce) carton commercial sour cream
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Red maraschino cherries, halved
How to Make It
Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; add brown sugar, and beat until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour, mixing well. Press mixture evenly into an ungreased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes; remove from oven, and set aside.
Combine sour cream, 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, and vanilla; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until well blended. Spread evenly over baked mixture. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Cool completely in pan. Cut into 3- x 1 1/2-inch bars; remove from pan, and garnish each bar with a cherry half.