This is amazing. Seems like a lot of work but you can do so much ahead of time. Do not skip the pickled vegetables, they make the sandwich. I use Kings Hawaiian Rolls. So good!
Down-South Banh Mi
More From Southern Living
Total: 25 Minutes
- 1 (18-inch) French bread baguette
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Asian sriracha hot chili sauce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 cup Slow-cooker Mustard Barbecued Pork
- 1/3 cup Pickled Peppers and Onions
- 1 small serrano pepper, thinly sliced*
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake baguette on an ungreased baking sheet 10 minutes or until warm.
- 2. Meanwhile, stir together mayonnaise and sriracha in a small bowl. Stir together carrots and fish sauce in a separate bowl.
- 3. Split baguette horizontally. Cut each half into 3 (6-inch-long) pieces. Spread cut sides of bread with mayonnaise mixture. Layer bottom halves with Slow-cooker Mustard Barbecued Pork, Pickled Peppers and Onions, serrano pepper slices, carrot mixture, and cilantro to taste. Top with remaining bread slices. Serve immediately.
- * 1/2 small jalapeño pepper may be substituted.
To make appetizer servings, cut baguette into 6 (3-inch-long) pieces instead of 3 (6-inch-long) pieces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers