Down-Home Chicken and Onions
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken legs, wings, and thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 large onions, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- Hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt, pepper, and, if desired, seasoned salt.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken pieces, and cook 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken; keep warm.
- Add onions to skillet, and sauté 10 minutes or until tender. Return chicken to skillet; stir in 1/2 cup water, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until sauce thickens and chicken is done. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note