Community Recipe from
- 1/3 cup(s) water warm
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) active try yeast
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) turmeric ground
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin ground
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper ground
- 1) Put the warm water, sugar, and yeast in a bowl, set aside until the mixture bubbles.
- 2) Combine the flour, salt, turmeric, cumin, and pepper
- 3) Stir the yeast mixture into the flour mixture and add additional luke warm water as needed, until the mixture comes together into slightly firm dough. About 1/2 cup.
- 4) Knead dough until smooth and elastic and cover with a damp cloth. Set aside in a warm place to rise until doubled in size. About an hour.
- 1) Punch down the dough and allow it to sit for 10 minutes. Pinch off walnut-size pieces of dough and flatten each into a circle about 4 1/2 inches in diameter. Dampen your hands with water if the dough is sticky.
- 2) Heat about 1 cup of canola oil ( at least 3 inches deep ) in a frying pan or medium saucepan. Test the oil by sprinkling a bit of flour into it. If the flour bubbles and sizzles the oil is ready. Add the dough circles in batches and fry turning once, until lightly browned on both sides. About 40 seconds. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel.
- 3) Place 2 tablespoons of the hot cooked chickpeas on half of the fried dough circles. Add a small amount of pepper sauce, Kuchela and cucumber if desired. Top with another fried dough circle.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ablerman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Doubles Dough Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Snacks