Double Tomato Soup with Goat Cheese Toast
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 217
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Protein: 10.2g
- Carbohydrate: 29.0g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 693mg
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Calcium: 174mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 pounds yellow and orange tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped (about 6 tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon sherry or red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 0 (0.5-ounces) slices diagonally cut French bread (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 ounces goat cheese, softened
- Basil leaves (optional)
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 5 minutes or until soft. Add tomatoes and tomato paste; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Carefully place tomato mixture in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Return mixture to pan; stir in milk and next 4 ingredients. Cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Meanwhile, place baguette slices on a baking sheet; broil 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread goat cheese on warm bread.
- Ladle soup into bowls; garnish with basil leaves, if desired. Serve with toast.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Double Tomato Soup with Goat Cheese Toast Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Soups/Stews