Double Strawberry-Chocolate Chip Sundaes
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Andrea Steinberg
Yield: Serves 6
Cost per Serving: $1.63
More From Allyou
Freeze: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 305
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Sodium: 61mg
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 pints chocolate chip ice cream, slightly softened
- 1. Reserve 1 cup of sliced strawberries. Combine remaining strawberries, sugar, lemon zest and 1/4 cup water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook, stirring often, until berries are softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender or food processor and pulse once or twice to make a chunky sauce. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. Combine ice cream and reserved strawberries in a large bowl and mash ice cream with back of a large spoon until strawberries and ice cream are well combined. Cover bowl with plastic and return to freezer to firm up, at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day.
- 3. Divide ice cream among 6 sundae dishes and top each portion with chilled strawberry sauce. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts