Double-Rich Onion Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) onions
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 3 can(s) condensed beef broth
- 1 can(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon(s) Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 loaf(s) French Bread
- 1/2 can(s) parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup(s) Swiss Cheese grated
- Peel and thinly slice onions (about 6 cups). In large sauce pan melt butter. Add onions, saute over low heat dstriring often until soft and golden (about 30 minutes. Add broth, water, wine and Worchestershire sauce. Bring to boiling point. Reduce heat and simmer convered for 30 minutes. Meanwhile cut bread into 1 1/2 inche thick slices. Place on baking sheet Toast in preheated moderate oven (350 degrees for 20 minutes)
- Pour soip into oven proof aasserole. Place toasdt on top of soup. Sprinkle with combined Parmesan and Swiss cheese, dot with butter. Place in oven until cheese melts.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Linwaite and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Double-Rich Onion Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews