DOUBLE PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 can(s) SLICED PINEAPPLES LARGE
- 1 jar(s) MARASCHINO CHERRIES LARGE
- 1 box(es) PINEAPPLE SUPREME CAKE MIX
- 5 whole(s) eggs LARGE
- 1/3 cup(s) VEGETABLE OIL
- 2 cup(s) brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 1/3 cup(s) PINEAPPLE JUICE
- 1 cup(s) BUTTER
- 8 ounce(s) VANILLA FROSTING CAN
- 1 can(s) CRUSHED PINEAPPLES SMALL
- Place pineapple slices at the bottom of two well oiled baking pans. Place whole cherries in the center of each pineapple slice and in between each of the slices. Melt butter in medium sauce pan. Add brown sugar and cook until bubbling.
- Pour the brown sugar mix over the pineapples and cherries in each pan, up to two inches deep.
- Blend cake mix, pineapple juice, eggs, vegetable oil together until smooth. Pour equal amounts of cake mix over brown sugar and pineapple mixture into each pan.
- Bake on center rack of oven under 350°F for 30 minutes or until center is done (cake tester inserted in center comes out clean).
- Allow cakes to cool for 15 minutes. Remove from pans on to plates and allow to cool for another two hours.
- Drain the can of pineapples so that is no liquid is left. Mix the pineapples and frosting together.
- Putting it together: Once the cakes have cooled for two hours, place one on top of the others with pineapple side up. Frost the sides of the cake.
- Leave the top and center of the cakes unfrosted. Place frosted cakes in the refrigerator until ready to serve
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SueDsd and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note