I followed the recipe as given. I agree the sprinkle the remaining instruction was confusing. I used a 9x9 pan and they were moist. My husband and liked them, not loved them. I am not sure I would make them again.
Double Peanut Butter Bars
Six simple ingredients turn a cake mix into oh-so-rich, oh-so-easy peanut butter bars. You can substitute your favorite morsels for the peanut butter morsels. You can also substitute creamy peanut butter for crunchy.
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup peanut butter morsels
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Combine first 4 ingredients; stir batter by hand, mixing well. Press half of peanut butter mixture onto bottom of an ungreased 9" x 13" pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with peanut butter morsels, and drizzle with condensed milk. Sprinkle with remaining peanut butter mixture.
- 3. Bake 30 more minutes. Cool completely, and cut into bars.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars: Substitute chocolate cake mix for yellow cake mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note