- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2.3 ounces brown rice flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping
- calories 194
- fat 12.4 g
- satfat 5.6 g
- monofat 3.4 g
- polyfat 2.5 g
- protein 2.9 g
- carbohydrate 19 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 33 mg
- iron 0.7 mg
- sodium 49 mg
- calcium 25 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place chocolate and butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 1 minute, stirring until smooth. Cool 2 minutes.
Combine brown sugar and next 4 ingredients (through eggs) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add chocolate mixture, stirring to combine.
Weigh or lightly spoon flours into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Add flour, nuts, and xanthan gum to sugar mixture, stirring with a whisk. Pour batter evenly into a 9-inch round removable-bottom tart pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 16 slices. Top with whipped topping.