Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 2 package(s) cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup(s) white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust 9 inch
- 1/2 cup(s) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch(s) ground cloves
- 1 pinch(s) ground nutmeg
- 1 cup(s) frozen whipped topping thawed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Blend in eggs one at a time. Remove 1 cup of batter and spread into bottom of crust; set aside.
- Add pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg to the remaining batter and stir gently until well blended. Carefully spread over the batter in the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is almost set. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Cover with whipped topping before serving.
- From review:
- This cheesecake tasted just like the pumpkin cheesecake we used to serve at a 5 star restaurant in washington d.c. years ago. Their head pastry chef made it every fall to run through the holidays. I did have to make a few changes to make this recipe more of a creamy cheesecake that most people are used to. I used 3 8oz packages of cream cheese instead of 2, added 1/2 cup of sour cream (Fold the sour cream in after adding the eggs), and increased the pumpkin puree to 1 8oz can. I also had to adjust the spices a bit for my taste (added 1 tbls of spiced rum to the pumpkin mixture and a bit more nutmeg and cinnamon). I baked this in a water bath at 350 for 1 hr (till the middle jiggles like jello), then turn off the oven, prop the door open and let the cheesecake sit for another hour, I promise you it will not crack at all. I used a 10in springform pan and a shortbread cookie crust. I used one of the caramel sauce recipes from this web site and poured it over the cheesecake to give it a caramel glaze like the one at the restaurant had. It was fabulous!!! I took it to work, went to answer the phone, came back 10 minutes later and the whole cheesecake was gone!!! I couldn't believe it!! Now I have to make another one so my boyfriend can get a piece. Thanks for sharing such a great recipe!!!!!!!!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sdwoodfin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts