Delicious!!! Be sure to use a good quality crystallized ginger (such as Ginger People) and freshly ground cardamom. I also made homemade vanilla icecream, which made it even more special. Definite keeper!
Double Ginger Floats
Photo: William Dickey; Styling: Margaret Dickey
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 449
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Protein: 5.8g
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 69g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 157mg
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- 5 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 bottles (12 oz. each) of cold ginger beer or ginger ale
- 1. To slightly soften 5 cups vanilla ice cream, heat in a microwave oven at 30 percent power for 5 seconds, or let stand at room temperature about 15 minutes. Scoop ice cream into a large bowl.
- 2. Add 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger, 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom, and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon; stir quickly to swirl ingredients together. Place bowl in freezer until ice cream is firm enough to scoop, at least 1 1/2 hours; if storing up to 1 week, cover airtight.
- 3. Scoop the ice cream equally into 4 glasses (each 16 oz.). Slowly fill glasses with cold ginger beer or ginger ale, about 2 bottles (12 oz. each) total.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note