Double-Frosted Bourbon Brownies
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (6-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- White Frosting
- Chocolate Glaze
- Combine first 3 ingredients, stirring well. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, shortening, and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Add chocolate morsels and vanilla, stirring until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, stirring after each addition. Add flour mixture and walnuts; stir well.
- Spoon into a greased 9" square pan. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle bourbon evenly over warm brownies. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Spread White Frosting over uncut brownies. Pour warm Chocolate Glaze over frosting. Let stand until set. Cut into squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts