Double-Dip Nut Fingers
- 1 1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6-ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- Chopped pecans
- Shredded coconut
- Colored sugar
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg and orange rind; beat well. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl; add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Press dough from a cookie press onto ungreased cookie sheets, making 3-inch long cookies. Bake at 400° for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove cookies to wire racks, and cool completely.
- Place chocolate in top of a double boiler; bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook just until chocolate melts. Remove from heat, and cool slightly. Gradually add whipping cream to melted chocolate, stirring until well blended.
- Dip ends of cookies in chocolate, covering 1/2 inch on each end. Sprinkle ends with pecans, coconut, or colored sugar. Cool cookies on wire racks until chocolate is firm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This