Double Decadence Chocolate Cake with Glossy Chocolate Frosting
Yield: 12 Servings
- CHOCOLATE CAKE
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup strong brewed Folgers® Classic Roast Coffee
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 2/3 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CHOCOLATE FROSTING
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 pkg. (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Shortening
- 1/4 stick Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening Sticks
- HEAT oven to 300ºF. Spray two 9 x 2-inch round cake pans with no-stick cooking spray. Line bottoms with rounds of wax paper or parchment paper; spray again.
- COMBINE chocolate chips and hot coffee in medium bowl. Let mixture stand, whisking occasionally, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Whisk together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- BEAT eggs in bowl of electric mixer until thick and yellow, about 3 to 5 minutes. Slowly add oil, buttermilk, vanilla and melted chocolate mixture, beating until well combinedl. Add dry ingredients; beat on medium speed until just combined. Divide batter between prepared pans.
- BAKE 45 minutes in middle of oven or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on racks 30 to 45 minutes. Run a thin knife around edges of pans. Invert layers onto racks. Carefully remove wax paper. Cool completely.
- WHISK together cream, sugar and corn syrup in a 2-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking until sugar is dissolved. Remove pan from heat. Whisk in chocolate chips until melted and mixture is smooth. Cut shortening into pieces. Add to frosting, whisking until smooth. Pour into bowl. Refrigerate until spreadable, about 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Double Decadence Chocolate Cake with Glossy Chocolate Frosting Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings