- 2/3 cup plain whole-milk yogurt if draining overnight or 1/2 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt if not draining
- 5 ounces English cucumber (about 1/3 of a cucumber)
- About 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 to 3 tsp. lime juice
- 2 to 4 tbsp. whole milk or water
- calories 25
- caloriesfromfat 40 %
- protein 1.2 g
- fat 1.1 g
- satfat 0.7 g
- carbohydrate 2.7 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- sodium 143 mg
- cholesterol 4.3 mg
How to Make It
If draining yogurt, line a strainer with cheesecloth, set over a bowl, and add yogurt. Cover and chill overnight to drain.
Cut cucumber in half lengthwise and seed. Peel one half, cut into chunks, and purée in a blender. Finely shred remaining cucumber with a box grater or mandoline and squeeze dry with your hands.
In a bowl, stir together yogurt, all of cucumber, 1/2 tsp. salt, the cilantro, and 1 tsp. lime juice. Add milk or water to thin the texture so it's like loose yogurt. Season to taste with more salt or lime juice if you like.
Make ahead: Up to 2 days, chilled.