Very good recipe! My chicken pot pie turned out just like the photo! I could not find the cubed hash browns with onions so I used plain cubed hash browns. I didn't add onion because some of the posts said that they thought the dish was oniony. I am glad I didn't because it still turned out very tasty.
Double-Crust Chicken Pot Pie
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Amy Burke
More From Southern Living
Other: 1 Hour, 41 Minutes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 medium leeks, sliced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups frozen cubed hash browns with onions and peppers
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (17.3-oz.) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add leeks, and sauté 3 minutes. Sprinkle with flour; cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. Whisk in chicken broth; bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Remove from heat; stir in chicken and next 5 ingredients.
- 2. Roll each pastry sheet into a 12- x 10-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Fit 1 sheet into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate; spoon chicken mixture into pastry. Place remaining pastry sheet over filling in opposite direction of bottom sheet; fold edges under, and press with tines of a fork, sealing to bottom crust. Whisk together egg and 1 Tbsp. water, and brush over top of pie.
- 3. Bake at 375° on lower oven rack 55 to 60 minutes or until browned. Let stand 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This