Very good recipe! My chicken pot pie turned out just like the photo! I could not find the cubed hash browns with onions so I used plain cubed hash browns. I didn't add onion because some of the posts said that they thought the dish was oniony. I am glad I didn't because it still turned out very tasty.
Double-Crust Chicken Pot Pie
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Amy Burke
More From Southern Living
Other: 1 Hour, 41 Minutes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 medium leeks, sliced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups frozen cubed hash browns with onions and peppers
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (17.3-oz.) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add leeks, and sauté 3 minutes. Sprinkle with flour; cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. Whisk in chicken broth; bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Remove from heat; stir in chicken and next 5 ingredients.
- 2. Roll each pastry sheet into a 12- x 10-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Fit 1 sheet into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate; spoon chicken mixture into pastry. Place remaining pastry sheet over filling in opposite direction of bottom sheet; fold edges under, and press with tines of a fork, sealing to bottom crust. Whisk together egg and 1 Tbsp. water, and brush over top of pie.
- 3. Bake at 375° on lower oven rack 55 to 60 minutes or until browned. Let stand 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note